By Zach McLain, R&J Technical Director
By Jake Russell Thompson, R&J Director and Voices Found Co-Founder
Weeks of music history research, digging through blogs, and sustaining a constant flow of music have come together in a single playlist. Not only is it a solid mixtape, if I do say so myself, it could also be used as an advertisement for Spotify Premium.
I wasn't sure it was worth it before. I was so wrong.
Side A: Preshow
1. You Only Live Once (The Strokes)
2. Hong Kong Garden (Siouxsie and the Banshees)
3. Dance This Mess Around (The B-52s)
4. Suck It And See (Arctic Monkeys)
5. We Throw Parties, You Throw Knives (Los Campesinos!)
6. Upon This Tidal Wave of Young Blood (Clap Your Hands Say Yeah)
7. Secret Meeting (The National)
8. Daft Punk Is Playing At My House (LCD Soundsystem)
9. I Might Need You To Kill (The Thermals)
10. Sea Ghost (The Unicorns)
11. Blackshirt (Nightair)
Side B: Act I
12. Uncontrollable Urge (Devo)
13. Ten Feet Tall (XTC)
14. Into You Like A Train (The Psychedelic Furs)
15. 52 Girls (The B-52s)
16. Hong Kong Garden (Siouxsie and the Banshees)
17. Once I Had A Love (AKA The Disco Song) (Blondie)
18. Uncertain Smile (The The)
19. Disorder (Joy Division)
20. Whole Wide World (Acoustic, not available on Spotify) (Wreckless Eric)
21. Natural's Not In It (Gang of Four)
22. Love Like Anthrax (Gang of Four)
23. Stay Out of It (Cabaret Voltaire)
24. I'm Not In Love (Talking Heads)
Side C: Intermission
25. Welcome To Japan (The Strokes)
26. A Dream of You and Me (Future Islands)
27. Post-Breakup Sex (The Vaccines)
28. What Difference Does It Make? (The Smiths)
Side D: Act II
29. Public Image (Public Image Ltd.)
30. All We Ever Wanted Was Nothing (Bauhaus)
31. Making Plans for Nigel (XTC)
32. That's What You Always Say (The Dream Syndicate)
33. Premature Burial (Siouxsie and the Banshees)
34. A God In An Alcove (Bauhaus)
35. Loveless Love (The Feelies)
36. Death from Above (Crispy Ambulance)
37. Whole Wide World (Wreckless Eric)
Side E: Post-Show
38. Electric Feel (MGMT)
39. If i ever feel better (Phoenix)
40. Always Like This (Bombay Bicycle Club)
Romeo & Juliet will play during the second week of August, 2016 at the In Tandem Theater. Buy tickets here, and subscribe to our blog to follow the production and get updates on what we’re working on!
by Jake Russell Thompson, Voices Found Co-Founder and R&J director
This whole album is great, but I've had "Hero Worship" stuck in my head for almost three days now.
Yesterday's meeting happened with all the windows and doors open to keep us from dying in the 90 degree humidity. Shanna Theiste's showed us the Capulets' accessories, Andy Montano dropped us into Coriolanus' world, and Zach Mclane taught us about Roman ruins.
Romeo & Juliet will play during the second weekend of August, 2016 at the In Tandem Theater. Buy tickets here, and subscribe to our blog to follow the production and get updates on what we’re working on!
Voices Found Blog
Stay in the loop about the goings on at Voices Found. We'll post production photos, dramaturgy articles, show information, audition calls, and more!